Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Ultimate Laziness, with a mouse click.

Oh, it's just happened to me. I am awake at Insane O'Clock, and have turned to the comfort of my keyboard. Instead of doing something productive, I checked the news (there wasn't any); checked FB (because it's just what I do, probably some insidious mental programming thingie they've done; there's an APP for that); and now I just came to a realization that would probably irritate or alarm me if I were awake enough for such things.

I just realized with relief that I have my blogger dashboard set up as a bookmark. My relief at not having to type the url is what has me concerned.

For heaven's sake. It had nothing to do with memory. I can go through the steps to get here without the friendly little icon.

I was just feeling too lazy to type.

Now, I have my lazy places. I use all the modern conveniences (except the dishwasher, at least most of the time) and I like saving labor. What I am saving it for is one of those questions that troubles me--not sure I'll need the labor-bank and I'm not sure what the exchange rate will be on some of the older labor I've saved--

Cripes, I write some drivel before dawn. I think I'll call this Vampire Writing. Anyway. On with the main theme, although I have an instinct the topics are somehow related.

Lazy. That's it. Too lazy to type a url. Glad for a point and click solution.

That means something dire for the human race. But I think I'm too lazy to follow it up with any thoughts. Thanks for reading this far; I hope it hasn't been too strenuous.


3 comments:

  1. That wore me out. Could you record it on youtube next time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep...really drained me, too. A few nice pictures to demonstrate your laziness would have been perfect. Maybe the perfect emoticon would have done the trick, but how much effort do you want to spend finding just the right sequence of punctuation?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, now I have to go take a nap. Man. That last sentence did me in.

    ReplyDelete